SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A comparison of BlurX and Gaia Colour Correction

Catanonia

There is much talk about BlurXTerminator and even the Gaia Spectral Colour Correction in PixInsight and I have been trailing these on some images.

Sometimes it is hard to tell if it really works, so here is a comparison of one of my older images taken on my RC10 and 2600 MC Pro last year that I think shows the difference.

The original was with my normal workflow and the right image was with these 2 new techniques / tools added to the pre-stretching processes.

Hopefully this will help others contemplating using these tools as with these tools I was able to push the processing more and be confident that I had the colours as the science community expects them to be :)

Note - There are a little differences in saturation (that I could push more in the new version), but look at the detail and star sizes that I could never manually achieve without MANY hours of hair pulling

image.thumb.jpeg.08237eefad3fc37717d08f38ebb66259.jpeg

Edited by Catanonia
  • Like 3