Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Rookie Mistakes

Froglord

1 hour ago, Moonshed said:

I see! We will say no more about it, but just so you know I am not angry, just very disappointed!

I suspect you have an SCT? Different beasts, different qualities, and could be an interestingly different thread. 

9 hours ago, mikeDnight said:

I suspect you have an SCT? Different beasts, different qualities, and could be an interestingly different thread. 

Yes, I have an 8” Celestron SCT, all the details of my kit are in my signature but I recently learned that those using ‘phones cannot read them. I did own a 2” refractor I bought to observe Haley’s comet but after a couple of years decided I wanted a “light bucket” so I could observe and image galaxies and nebulae. If I had the space and money I would have a quality refractor, a large Dob and a 14”SCT.  However, in the real world, I find my SCT is a handy all rounder.

Regards

Keith

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moonshed said:

Yes, I have an 8” Celestron SCT, all the details of my kit are in my signature but I recently learned that those using ‘phones cannot read them. I did own a 2” refractor I bought to observe Haley’s comet but after a couple of years decided I wanted a “light bucket” so I could observe and image galaxies and nebulae. If I had the space and money I would have a quality refractor, a large Dob and a 14”SCT.  However, in the real world, I find my SCT is a handy all rounder.

Regards

Keith

We can read your sig just fine on a phone: just turn it round to landscape view.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cajen2 said:

We can read your sig just fine on a phone: just turn it round to landscape view.

I’m glad you told me that because one member I was having a discussion with was adamant he couldn’t read my signature because he was using a phone. Obviously he had no idea there was such a hi-tec solution!

1 hour ago, Moonshed said:

I’m glad you told me that because one member I was having a discussion with was adamant he couldn’t read my signature because he was using a phone. Obviously he had no idea there was such a hi-tec solution!

I'm a pretty low-tech kind of bloke, so I'll only know low-tech solutions! 😉

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...