SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Ynys Enlli - International Dark Sky Sanctuary

Stu

• Stu changed the title to Ynys Enlli - International Dark Sky Sanctuary

I assume the March to October restriction is a combination 'who wants to go out of season?' and giving the island wildlife recovery time.

Maybe in future inegotiate for a boat load of star party astronomers to visit for a week in winter on condition of not trampling all over the island?

But another dark sky in the UK😁!

Edited by Carbon Brush
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, icpn said:

and you can't get a car across so how you are supposed to take equipment I don't know. I guess it is for the touchy feely wellness people, and of course being Wales it is probably cloudy most of the time.

There's something to be said for naked eye obseving in a true dark sky site. Even my Opticrn 8 x 40 binculars have given me some exceptional views in Dorset and South Wales.

• Like 2

On 23/02/2023 at 07:57, Grump Martian said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64731286

A BBC link to a story about a dark sky site in Wales. Great, but not sure that the sky will be clear when I visit,lol.

The night skies in my area in South Hertfordshire are disgusting. Light pollution have rendered them very poor.

Indeed, what we need is not so much a Dark Sky Site/Sanctuary but a Clear Sky Sanctuary, now that would be good. 

Jim 

• Like 2