SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Can’t determine model

Hi All, I'm hoping someone can tell me the model of this telescope, i just bought it and the motor in it is dead and i was hoping to replace it but i don't know the model and its original information is gone so i can't even get it programmed without knowing the model - any help anybody could offer would be hugely appreciated. 

Thank you

20230220_173100.thumb.jpg.6218bea5c07ff0c3301ec6459df16630.jpg

20230220_173022.jpg

20230220_172949.jpg

12 minutes ago, Starlock Holmes said:

Hi All, I'm hoping someone can tell me the model of this telescope, i just bought it and the motor in it is dead and i was hoping to replace it but i don't know the model and its original information is gone so i can't even get it programmed without knowing the model ......

That one is a Meade StarNavigator 90 I think:

StarNavigator90-Audio_flyer.pdf (meadeuk.com)

In the UK these people might be able to help with the issues you have with it:

Meade telescopes @ Meade Instruments UK (meadeuk.com)

• Like 1

Looking at the background in your photo, you don't appear to be in the UK. The snow being the giveaway😁
Knowing where you are will help us give relevant advice.

I think you may be looking at something 15-20 years old. I haven't owned much Meade kit, so may be wrong.
Is the motor dead? Or is it just that you can't drive it, and the drive circuit may have failed?

If I am reasonably correct in the kit age, then you may have a big problem with the handset.
The old Meade handsets could suffer from memory corruption if there was a dodgy intermittent battery connection.
The AA cells holder and associated wiring for example.
Reprogramming this old stuff required an adapter/programmer.
A few people have built these. But the cost of doing it yourself can exceed the cost of a handset!

I think establising if the problem is the motor drive, or the handset is a good first move.

HTH, David.