Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

OVL / Stellamira Field Flattener thread size? query

Hello

Could anyone tell me the thread size on the T-ring end of the OVL or Stellamira field flattener please?  I have a flattener but i'm missing the T-ring end.  I want to know what the thread is so that I can maybe get something to link to a Canon adapter or some kind of replacement T-ring.  Could anyone tell me what the correct thread size is please?

Ray

skywatcher_field_flattener.jpg.98e7a350de5ab843a56bc9a8b51432c2.jpg

• Like 1

The retail pages say it is threaded for 2" filters, which use M48 thread. You can see the thread on the camera side is smaller than the barrel on the focuser side, so the camera side thread is almost certainly M42x0.75mm (T2)

You can see in this thread a version with M48 connection on the camera side, and see how much bigger the thread on the camera side looks compared to the same 2" focuser barrel.

Hope this helps

The problem I have is that I dont have the T-ring bit on the end of the flattener.   I need to know what the thread size is where the t-ring connects to the actual barrel of the flattener.  Where i've put the thread size arrow on the first image. 

I believe FLO do two versions to choose from M48 and M42.  I'm missing this bit on mine. 

The scope end takes 2" filters.  The camera side is a lot bigger when the included T-ring is missing.