Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_comet_46p.thumb.jpg.9baae12eeb853c863abc6d2cf3df5968.jpg

Helen

SGL4 - For sale/trade/wanted

I was just wondering if it might be an idea to note anything we fancied selling, buying, trading at SGL4? What do you reckon??

Helen

Do you mean have an Items for sale table where anyone with something they no longer need can put a price on it and place it on the table. Or do you mean start a thread for attendees to state they have an Item to sell, and anyone wishing to buy it could say so. the deal to be completed at the Star Party..

Ron.:)

Edited by barkis

Hmmm, not a bad idea - think I'll take my box of "mistakes" ie the bits I no longer use, to see if anybody wants them. Silly to just keep shuffling the box round the shed.

Mike

Either or both Ron. As Mike says we could call it the 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' table!

I've got an AZRok mount that I thought I might take along. It was going to go in the Obs before I decided on a fixed pier instead... Its far too heavy to post, but it would be good to get rid of it.

Helen

Can't think of anything that I want to part with, but I think its a great idea Helen.

Dave

Good idea Helen.

Whilst we won't be setting up stall, FLO has a number of returns/demo items that we could bring and sell cheap.

I was thinking about selling my LX90 LNT 10" SCT and a few bits and bobs. If anyone is interested I can bring it along.

Regards

Kevin

I'll be taking the Meade 6.3 reducer that I've wanting to trade for a WO FFII reducer but if anyone wants to make me a decent offer cash-wise, I'd be tempted :).

Tony..

Good idea Helen. I have a number of EPs that I no longer use. Antares W70 19mm and 8.6mm etc so perhaps a 'sale' table might be useful. If Steve is also bringing a few items to sale perhaps I need the credit card as well.

Mark

Hi,

What about the folks that would like to buy things but can't make it to SGL4?

Maybe the usual 'For Sale' Section of SGL would be fairer for us all?

Regards

John

Point taken John. I will sort out the equipment that I no longer require, produce some photos, and put on the website.

Mark

Thanks!

There are certain things that I am interested in, so hopefully there are other members that will be also.

Regards

John

Great Idea Helen.

The 'Astroboot' at Kelling Heath is always a great success. I've picked a few great bargains over the last couple of years and have sold a few surplus items as well.

I may be bringing along a 2" 30mm ultrawide angle (80 degree) eyepiece to sell.

Excellent idea - might bring a few bits along myself.

Oh - and extra cash!

Barry.

That's a great idea :)

I'll bring my original mint-condition Skywatcher dob 2" focuser and Skywatcher 1".25 cheshire with me. They no good to me so I may as well put them on the table for sale.

Well in that case, if anybody fancies a skywatcher 300P flextube I need to get rid of mine, best pm me though.

Ill sell my soul to anyone who can guarantee 3 clear nights at SGL4 :)

I was thinking about selling my LX90 LNT 10" SCT and a few bits and bobs. If anyone is interested I can bring it along.

Regards

Kevin

Ayone wanting a setup like this, has a great opportunity to save a wad of notes on carriage costs. Kevin.

Ron.

Ill sell my soul to anyone who can guarantee 3 clear nights at SGL4 :)

Do you take paypal Jon?

Tony..

I have a Baader red dot finder no longer of any use to me - used only once. I'll bring that too.