Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC443 Jellyfish - 150PDS &500D

Grimbles

Hi Everyone

2nd image back after a break.  I tried to process nebula without stars and then reinsert RGB stars, I am not completely happy with the result as i found it hard to avoid artefacts around the stars.

150PDS, EOS500D, L-Enhance Clip Filter, Processed in APP, PS and Starnet to remove stars.  92 x 5 min and 9 X10 min so just over 9 hours.  20 x 10sec with no filter for RGB stars (probably should have pushed to 15 Sec).

Thanks

Martin

IC443rgbstars.thumb.jpg.38eda630f7d5c316a7606cbdf7da6eec.jpg

Edited by Grimbles
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, MartinB said:

A lovely clean image.  I've not done any pixel peeping (the work of the devil!) but the stars look good at this image scale.  It is a shame the the L-enhance doesn't seem to have let much OIII through.  

Thanks, yes best avoid pixel peeping 😀. I think the apparent lack of OIII is probably down to my processing as RGB, I will have a go at processing the data in Bi-Colour when I get a moment.