SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Replacement eyecups

Aquavit

My Fujinon 7 x 50 marine bins are getting on a bit and the rubber has perished. Originally bought for boating use, I find them really nice glasses to scan the night sky with so would like to get them back in shape.

I've scoured the internet but can't seem to find anything, anyone got any ideas?

IMG_2148.thumb.jpeg.d2c407ce9abb41a5794a1bf511a75d68.jpeg

3 hours ago, Aquavit said:

My Fujinon 7 x 50 marine bins are getting on a bit and the rubber has perished. Originally bought for boating use, I find them really nice glasses to scan the night sky with so would like to get them back in shape.

I've scoured the internet but can't seem to find anything, anyone got any ideas?

IMG_2148.thumb.jpeg.d2c407ce9abb41a5794a1bf511a75d68.jpeg

Hi Aquavit, found these on amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Field-Optics-Research-B002-Cups-Compact/dp/B00A45OHP0/ref=sr_1_1?crid=119D5WJXL1K00&keywords=Field+Optics+Research+Compact+Binocular+Retail+Packaging+Assy+EyeShield&qid=1676484107&sprefix=field+optics+research+compact+binocular+retail+packaging+assy+eyeshield%2Caps%2C214&sr=8-1

I don't know if they would help.

Edit: also found these for Fujinon 7 x 50:

https://www.bakermarineusa.com/product-page/eye-cups-7x50-10x70-10x50-fujinon-fmtr-sx

Edited by Mick H
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Mick, neither of those options work for me, one is in the US and the Amazon option won't post to Hungary. I'm still working trying to track down Fujinon dealers in Europe, you would think a company of their size would have some sort of service network ........

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Merlin said:

If you like to DIY, serviceable rubber eyecups can be made from bicycle inner tube. I’ve made several.

Yes, I have heard about that fix, that's my option of last resort.

Edited by Aquavit

15 hours ago, Aquavit said:

Thanks Mick, neither of those options work for me, one is in the US and the Amazon option won't post to Hungary. I'm still working trying to track down Fujinon dealers in Europe, you would think a company of their size would have some sort of service network ........

Sorry Aquavit, I only just noticed where you are living.

And yes a company of that size should have a service network.

21 hours ago, Second Time Around said:

I think I have some spare Field Optics Research eyecups sonewhere. What size do you need?

Steve, my eyecups measure 42mm dia. how would your FOR eyecups fit, replace the existing or squeeze over? I have no idea of how to remove the existing ones either!