Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC2359 Thor's Helmet

AndyThilo

Imaged over 2 nights and a tricky target to capture due to it's low altitude and shooting just above my neighbours roofs but I've tried to do it justice. Would ideally like another 6 hours but....UK weather lol. 

48 x 300s lights with IDAS NBZ Filter

ES102 @ 700mm f7

ASI2600MC Pro @ -10

NGC2359 Thors Helmet 2 15-02-2023.jpg

• Like 23

8 minutes ago, Elp said:

Great image, I'm also doing this but it being just above a stream of led lighting and quite low guiding is a challenge at 1000mm. That and only having 1 odd hour per session to image it.

Thanks! Good luck and look forward to seeing the image :)

• Like 1

Great detail Andy! I see you are using the excellent NBZ filter and wonder if you could bring out more of the red signal, by using a curve to stretch the red channel. I think there could be more Ha to be found in the data.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gorann said:

Great detail Andy! I see you are using the excellent NBZ filter and wonder if you could bring out more of the red signal, by using a curve to stretch the red channel. I think there could be more Ha to be found in the data.

Thanks! I pushed the red as much as I could, not sure if it's because of the short exposure time or altitude but the red just wasn't popping. I tried colour masks and red targeted saturation but it just didn't want to come out lol.

• Like 1