Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Leo without the trio

wookie1965

Set up early but only went out a 7pm Leo was over to my left.

54 Leonis  (SAO 0815 83)  Mags of 4.5 and 6.3 with a separation of 6.3" yellow and blue stars.

γ Leonis     (SAO 0812 98)  Mags of 2.4 and 3.6 with a separation of 4.5" yellow and orange stars.

τ Leonis  and 83  (SAO 1188 64)  mags of 5.1 and 7.5 with a separation of 88.9" for τ Leonis and mags of 6.6 and 7.5 with a separation of 28.6"  Lemon/white and yellow/white with grey companions.

88 Leonis (SAO 0996 48)  Mags of 6.3 and 9.1 with a separation of 15.4" yellow and lilac stars.

90 Leonis  (SAO 0996 73)  AB Mags of  6.3 and 7.3 with a separation of 3.6" .  AC  Mags of 6.3 and 9.8 with a separation of 67.0"  quite a tricky triple here Yellow pair with tiny grey companion all in a line.

ι Leonis     (SAO 0995 87)  Mags of 4.1 and 6.7 with a separation of 1.7"  yellow and blue/white stars

6 Leonis     (SAO 0990 32)   Mags of 5.2 and 9.3 with a separation of 37.4" Orange and green stars.

Cancer

M44   This look brilliant in my 2" 28mm let.

M67   Very sparse in the Tal with a bit more mag seemed better. As pointed out to me by Nick this is one of the oldest M clusters.

Tegmine (SAO 0976 45)   I could not split this treble  close probably need darker skies as I have split it the 5" I had.

Monoceros

NGC 2301 (Hagrids dragon) looked brilliant.

NGC  2264  (Christmas tree) easily made out the shape on its side.

β Mon  (SAO 1333 16) cracking triple easily split with my 10mm 

M50  Lovely cluster of yellow and blue stars.

Jupiter  all four moons and two bands visible 

Mars no distinguishing features this time.

Comet C/2022 E3 (ZTF)  Just a grey fuzz ball no tail.

My Plan was to put my set up away then get the 10" out and go for the Leo trio and some other galaxies but when I was bending down to unplug the power pack I lost my balance and cracked my head on the tripods leg locking screw.

Stood up feeling sick and dizzy with a big lump on my head, so that put paid to that not a bad session up to then as well.

Paul

Edited by wookie1965
  • Like 6
  • Sad 3

Oh no! Bless you Paul, I reckon you have  SGLs entire allocation of bad luck all for yourself! Please do take care, hope you feel better soon.

Great report, nice to see you out having a decent session on those doubles you love 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1