Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Telescope id/brand

Hello, 

My friend gifted me a telescope a while back. I recently decided to learn more about it but I am having trouble finding more about it online. The sticker on it says Orion, when I look online everything goes to Celestron. 
I am attaching an image of the sticker. Maybe someone is able to send me a link to the right model. Thank you. The stand for is is Celestron as well.

This is all new to me. 

Thank you

image.thumb.jpeg.4212bada7e647389b745edb3f05aa186.jpeg

The fact that the label says it was made in the U.S.A. suggests it was made some time ago, as later versions were and continue to be made in China.  The basic formula remained the same, however, and so what applies to the 9.25” Celestron also applies to your Orion scope.

Given its age chances are it would benefit from a careful collimation, the instructions for which are in the previously linked manual, and which the many Schmidt-Cassegrain owners and fans here can also help you with. Well collimated it’s probably an excellent and very capable telescope.  That was a very nice and generous gift from your friend.

Thank you for your help and answers. He did perform all the updates etc. and maintenance. Looking at the Celestron equivalent seems there is not much that has changed in for that specific telescope and hey it is made it the USA :)
I will make sure to post any questions and/or share my experience with the telescope. 
Now if only all the clouds would go away. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FlyingMonkey said:

Hello, 

My friend gifted me a telescope a while back. I recently decided to learn more about it but I am having trouble finding more about it online. The sticker on it says Orion, when I look online everything goes to Celestron. 
I am attaching an image of the sticker. Maybe someone is able to send me a link to the right model. Thank you. The stand for is is Celestron as well.

This is all new to me. 

Thank you

image.thumb.jpeg.4212bada7e647389b745edb3f05aa186.jpeg

You have got a really fine scope there. The 9.25” was/is considered the ‘jewel in the crown’ of the SCT (Schmidt Cassegrain Telescope) range. Feel free to post more images including the mount, etc.