Narrowband

Tadpoles in HaRGB

wimvb

A few hours of clear-ish weather with only a late moon allowed me to visit the Tadpoles Nebula, ic 410. We had a family dinner planned, so I left my telescope unattended for a few hours and hoped for the best. All went well, but after the meridian flip, focus had shifted, resulting in a slight increase in FWHM in green. The sequence was interrupted by clouds moving in, but by that time, thin high clouds had already started to affect the data. Nevertheless, this is a mix of all subs, 40 x 5 minutes RGB and 33 x 4 minutes Ha. The colour data was used for the stars, and the Ha for the nebula.

I processed this image with the intent of putting some drama into the clouds, but I added small amounts of Ha to the green and blue channels in order to desaturate the brightest areas.

As always, data collected with my SW 190MN and ZWO ASI294MM camera. Optolong RGB filters and Baader 7nm Ha filter.

IC410_HaRGB1.thumb.jpg.b5df83adee2e7e75c4dd97d59db7c583.jpg

Edited by wimvb
  • Like 6