Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SVbony 305

No, guidecam is for long exposure deep sky. A tracking mount with sidereal will help though, only if you plan on imaging them longer than a few short minutes otherwise you can do without, the mak will likely benefit from it due to the longer focal length (target will appear to move more across the sky in the FOV).

Edited by Elp
  • Thanks 1

Bit hard to say as I've never used an SVbony camera, the sensor on the SVbony is an imx290 of which I have the zwo 290mm mini and it performs very well though I've only used it for autoguiding, I did try HA solar via a Coronado pst and it performed very well for that too. For planetary I use a 224mc, it's very good for that purpose even though I have more "advanced" cameras. The 224mc will have more residual value if you try it, and don't like it and decide to sell it down the line as it's a popular camera and step up from the 120 line.