SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC 1491 Fossil Footprint 150 PDS / 500D

Grimbles

HI Everyone

Due to a move and retiring I have not been able to do any imaging for what seems to be a couple of years, but now settled in the new house near Gunnislake in Cornwall, new telescope shed built (non sliding roof sadly)  I am ready to go again.  I have been lurking on the forum during that time and being very jealous of you all, but this is my first image post in that time.

Imaged over multiple sessions in Dec 22 and Jan 23 NGC 1491 Fossil Foot Print Nebula with 150PDS on HEQ5 Belt Mod, EOS 500D (Modded & BYEOS for control),  L-Enhance Clip in Filter and processed in APP (trial) and PS.

73 x 5 min, 18 x 10 Min Lights.   56 x 10 sec Lights for RGB Stars,   Flats and Bias , no darks (Dithered). Just over 9 hours total excluding RGB stars. Reasonable crop to remove stacking artifacts etc.  Collimation was out slightly and a little sensor tilt, hopefully both now sorted.  

If the weather allows I will be able to get a few more images done already started on the Jellyfish.

It's great to be back at last.

Thanks

ngc1491_2ndfinish.thumb.jpg.5914c9d2592ccb185ae20aae85ede4c9.jpg

• Like 4