Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

4-Port USB 2.0-Over-Cat5-or-Cat6 Extender

It would be worth looking at the detail of the hub and what power it can supply.  Something to be aware of is that usb devices have common power, this means that the last source you disconnect supplies power to everything. You need to get into a routine of turning devices off before turning the hub supply off otherwise something may go pop and it could be your laptop port. All the best.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, M40 said:

It would be worth looking at the detail of the hub and what power it can supply.  Something to be aware of is that usb devices have common power, this means that the last source you disconnect supplies power to everything. You need to get into a routine of turning devices off before turning the hub supply off otherwise something may go pop and it could be your laptop port. All the best.

From the manufacturers website. Ti's all Greek to me 🤔

Screenshot_20230209_152838_Chrome.jpg

I can't find info specific to the camera, hopefully someone else will jump in if they can find it, but usb2 can typically supply 0.5A which ties in nicely with your info above at 2.0A for 4 ports on the hub. As the zwo info says the camera is supplied by usb2 only all is good. Apparently usb3 is higher current so anything that has both usb2 and 3 definately worth checking. All the best. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chubster1302 said:

So I've bought one of these to allow me to control everything from the house. Will that provide power to the guide scope? ASI 120 mini

Assume mount EQ5 Pro can plug into mains ?

what brand have you purchased? make and model . Usually these have 1 power supply that is used at the remote end. 

Edited by fozzybear
spelling

9 minutes ago, chubster1302 said:

Ok Cool, thanks ...so mount from mains, usb thingy will power guide scope camera and normal camera battery for the dlsr. Correct ? 

mount 12volts? not 240v unless using a power supply from 240v to 12 volts, dslr can you not get a dummy battery running from mains. Don't think the 4 port can provide enough power for your dslr camera. you will have to trial and error on that

Edited by fozzybear