SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC1333 triple scope version.

ollypenrice

When I reprocessed the old ODK14 data yesterday I knew I was missing something. Today I realized what it was: I also had a deep set of TEC140 data from when we had a twin TEC rig going. So this version has more hours than I can remember...

1479638726_TECODK13332023PROCweb.thumb.jpg.72ea5c51f269a0a9dcddb1e453ff8f19.jpg

Olly

• Like 47

The blue nebulosity and adjacent yellow feature are among the best I have seen. The detail over all and the cleanness of the image are excellent. You have captured your typical depth of field as well; the structures almost seem like they will topple out of the screen, and yet one has to peer deep to appreciate what little background there is.  Too bad the FOV is so limited.  

10 hours ago, Rodd said:

The blue nebulosity and adjacent yellow feature are among the best I have seen. The detail over all and the cleanness of the image are excellent. You have captured your typical depth of field as well; the structures almost seem like they will topple out of the screen, and yet one has to peer deep to appreciate what little background there is.  Too bad the FOV is so limited.  

Glad you like it, Rodd. The crop was a deliberate choice to bring the colourful part to full screen without a zoom. I do like a challenge, so here's a slightly wider view :grin: ...

TECODK1333toIC348web.thumb.jpg.2d1d3146e812e4adb977b3dc6de57752.jpg

Still a bit cramped? Let me see, what do we have in stock at the moment?  :grin:  This might do it, though I'll have to give you a discount since I can't run to the full rectangle...

M45TOCAL30PanwithNGC1333web.thumb.jpg.7bfa109f70c900aa07d12278ce9a4775.jpg

Olly

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, carastro said:

Amazing work Olly - was this a colaboration or all yopur own work?

Carole  

All data was shot here, Carole, but, as usual, I work with others who are here either physically or 'virtually.'  All the widefield data was done on a jointly-owned robotic rig based here, the other party being Paul Kummer. He programmes the captures and does the stacking, I do the mechanical stuff at the rig and the post-processing. The high res NGC1333 uses old data from the days when I used to stay up all night. :grin:  Alas, the Doc told me to stop doing that!

Olly

• Like 1

On 11/02/2023 at 09:46, ollypenrice said:

Glad you like it, Rodd. The crop was a deliberate choice to bring the colourful part to full screen without a zoom. I do like a challenge, so here's a slightly wider view :grin: ...

TECODK1333toIC348web.thumb.jpg.2d1d3146e812e4adb977b3dc6de57752.jpg

Still a bit cramped? Let me see, what do we have in stock at the moment?  :grin:  This might do it, though I'll have to give you a discount since I can't run to the full rectangle...

M45TOCAL30PanwithNGC1333web.thumb.jpg.7bfa109f70c900aa07d12278ce9a4775.jpg

Olly

Might want to clean your sensor mate.  Loads of dust there!

Stunning pictures.  It's incredible that most of that is nothing with the diary bits still being mostly nothing, only not quite as much nothing.

• Haha 1