Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Comet in the Dust...

Comet C/2023 E3 passes the IFN (or other dust.)

Project with Paul Kummer, RASA 8/Avalon Linear/ASI2600MC. Capture and stacking done remotely by Paul on a rig based at my place. My post processing. The image is composite, consisting of a stack aligned on the comet and then placed over a background sky stack shot after its departure - but carefully aligned.

1315640475_COMETC2023E3IFNweb.thumb.jpg.4fab96aa714e7e84f8d2097a20e9c9b2.jpg

Olly

• Like 21

Beautiful! We have all seen so many of images of this comet by now, but this one really stands out. Great idea to combine the IFN data with the comet data. I don't think I have seen that take on it yet, and it could probably only be done this good with a RASA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gorann said:

Beautiful! We have all seen so many of images of this comet by now, but this one really stands out. Great idea to combine the IFN data with the comet data. I don't think I have seen that take on it yet, and it could probably only be done this good with a RASA.

The RASA is a kind of Hubble Deep Field instrument in the sense that it turns an 'empty' starfield into one full of nebulosity, apparently wherever you look. :D This is a Godsend for imaging the comet, though we were lucky with the way the dusty shapes work nicely with the tails.

Olly

• Like 1