Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Small Nebula near the Cygnus Wall

PadrePeace

A4825FF3-F7F0-4307-BEA3-A118C7FC01C4.thumb.jpeg.5c3468030778b293659376cd7b1f2dc1.jpegI took this image of the Cygnus Wall in the N. America nebula complex using NB SHO filters. Pleased with the final product but was surprised how prominent the small red (SII) nebula was in the final stretch. 

So What?
My question to you guys is what is this nebula called as I cannot find details and also why is it not as defined in the large majority of other shots I have viewed of this area? Indeed, it hardly exists in many renditions,  or is swallowed in a big black void which seems odd as I didn’t work it’s data that hard. 

Taken through a 107/700 scope on an Atik 460EX; 600s exp bin 1x1.
Integration: SHO each at 10hrs for 30hrs total. 

thanks for your comment and clear skies.

Edited by PadrePeace
  • Like 10

5 hours ago, PadrePeace said:

I took this image of the Cygnus Wall in the N. America nebula complex using NB SHO filters. Pleased with the final product but was surprised how prominent the small red (SII) nebula was in the final stretch. 

So What?
My question to you guys is what is this nebula called as I cannot find details and also why is it not as defined in the large majority of other shots I have viewed of this area? Indeed, it hardly exists in many renditions,  or is swallowed in a big black void which seems odd as I didn’t work it’s data that hard. 

Taken through a 107/700 scope on an Atik 460EX; 600s exp bin 1x1.
Integration: SHO each at 10hrs for 30hrs total. 

thanks for your comment and clear skies.

03A72283-8A4F-4953-86B9-6530F6A10AB5.tiff 17.93 MB · 6 downloads

Best to put up a jpg so that it's displayed in the thread. That way more people will be able to view it. 🙂

• Thanks 1

On 07/02/2023 at 19:05, PadrePeace said:

My question to you guys is what is this nebula called as I cannot find details

Herbig Haro 653 or 654 or Herbig 1? There is a small but intense star forming region in this part of the NA nebula, with Herbig Haro ojects 649 through 660 and open clustef Herbig 1. All according to Simbad.

http://simbad.u-strasbg.fr/simbad/sim-coo?Coord=20+58+16.2577342440%2B43+53+35.104618644&CooFrame=ICRS&CooEqui=2000.0&CooEpoch=J2000&Radius.unit=arcmin&submit=Query+around&Radius=4

• Thanks 1

It is an object that I have not often seen drawn out in images of this area if at all. Being most strong in SII it's certainly not going to show up in images taken with OSC cameras and Ha / OIIi duel band filters. There is also a tendency for people to clip that area, seeing the north America shape relies on it been dark. 

Edited by Adam J
  • Thanks 1