SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Very first time photographing Jupiter and it’s moons, hoping to only get better.

StarDuke82

It's great when you see the moons around it isn't it? And to think, considering it's generally a naked eye object, the vast majority of people have never seen it like this which you can see through binoculars or a monocular or camera lens.

Edited by Elp

Been fiddling around with my telescope for a while and this was the first night I actually noticed the moons and I got so excited, I snapped this with my smartphone through my zoom eyepiece hoping when my actual celestron camera and higher magnification eyepiece kit arrives I can get some more detailed pictures, I don’t know if it’s my imagination but I can sort of see the faint cloud bands on a orange Jupiter but light pollution is pretty bad where I live 5-6 on 1-8 scale.