Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ocal collimator Help

bottletopburly

Help need  before i go stir crazy , scope is a 200pds ,fitted with a baader steeltrack focuser , now i inputted ocal camera focus code into text file ,for the life of me  i cannot align the primary edge and get the donut centred at the same time ,see pictures , ive alinged focuser tube using the off set , aligned secondary etc  but for the life of me i can not get the primary aligned , checked with a collimation cap and i can see the clips are equal but donut slightly out , inserted concentre and donut bang on , though outer edge of primary looks slightly out through concentre  corresponding to what i see in the  Ocal ,so how can i get the primary to look centred and the Donut to centre at the same time 

secondary with primary blocked  

1533801839_Capture8secondary.JPG.67cdb1015b3f805ff47e6d6828c6518d.JPG

Primary edge

Capture9.JPG.317c6463649c88285c9c8334c5b24f59.JPG

Capture10.JPG.6611e434f0028ed1324593d42392778a.JPG

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Coco said:

How did you get on? Still need help?

Hi I think I’m good now hopefully, having the steeltrack I could adjust the focuser to allow for side to side error on secondary mirror, I re  spotted the primary as that was a good 6mm off centre and hopefully that sorted it once skies clear I can have a better look at the results.

• Like 1