Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Simeis 147 SNR

groberts

I’ve long admired the spectacular SNR Simeis-147 AKA Spaghetti Nebula, which I first imaged with my standard William Optics GT81 scope in January 2022.  The outcome was pleasing but with the limited FOV it had to be just a nibble of this very faint and large cosmic delight – something of an appetiser you might say.  Therefore, ever since putting my Samyang rig together last summer I’ve had only one object in mind with this widefield set-up, which this time had to be the full menu version of Simeis-147!

Apart from its size, Simeis-147 is very faint, making long exposure time essential, which is always difficult in the UK.  Notwithstanding, an unusual spell of cold, clear nights this January provided sufficient opportunity over five nights to obtain just over 20-hours and a full image of this truly magnificent SNR.

Graham

Samyang 135 f2.8 + ZWO ASI1600MM-Cool

Ha 60 x 5 min

OIII 62 x 5 min

Total iintegration  20 h 20 m            

SH2-240 Final jpeg (Large).jpg

• Like 10

Thanks Jody, much appreciated.

I struggled with this for some time but eventually found a route to unlocking the OIII + achieving detail and good Ha colour in the rest + the Samyang 135 really does a great job with this type of object. 

Graham 

• Like 1