Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

AstroCamp Spring 2023

Pixies

That's the booking system open now.

I've booked the same spot as the past 2 times. Hopefully it's third time lucky, with no breakdowns or family emergencies this time round!

Hope to see some of you there.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Pixies said:

I've booked the same spot as the past 2 times. Hopefully it's third time lucky, with no breakdowns or family emergencies this time round!

Fingers crossed for your travels. We've just booked as well, not quite in the pitch we'd have preferred, but we're close enough. 

For those that haven't been, it's got a great atmosphere, is very well organised, and (so far) we've had at least one night of excellent observing each time (though my memory may be playing up). 

https://www.astrocamp.awesomeastronomy.com/

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cajen2 said:

Booked! Pitch 26.

Ha!, that's the one I was hoping for, having managed to bag it for last Autumn Astrocamp.

I could see that someone was holding it when I tried to book it, but had to settle for Pitch 28.  But that's fine. Will be good to meet up again. 

On 05/02/2023 at 15:17, Pixies said:

First time for a few years for me, pitch 23, so will be a "commoner". 

Have a bit of a dilemma, do I bring the #BFS ( a 125 Altair Astro ED on a sabre mount) or the Stowaway. I'm leaning towards the Stowaway as the 125ED is a bit of a beast to set up and cart back to the tent.

See you there!

Chris

• 2 months later...

The old cafe has closed now, but the pub is willing to provide breakfasts. However, they need numbers in order to plan things.

The Astrocamp organisers are asking  attendees for numbers wanting breakfasts on Sunday and Monday mornings - on the Facebook page.

I know many here aren't on Facebook. If you want breakfasts, let me know and I'll pass the information on.

Screenshot_20230415-082512.png

Was hoping for an operation but it has now been cancelled for some time, so I am now available to attend. Sadly there are no pitches available, looking for an EHU pitch, please advise if you have one available that is no longer required.

Thanks,

Martin

2 hours ago, Xsubmariner said:

Was hoping for an operation but it has now been cancelled for some time, so I am now available to attend. Sadly there are no pitches available, looking for an EHU pitch, please advise if you have one available that is no longer required.

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Martin,

None of us are involved with the organising - just punters.

If you are on Facebook, you could ask on the AstroCamp group. That's where most of the horse-trading for pitches occur.

Neil.

• Like 1