Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Remote Telescope Hosting

Hi there,

For a number of reasons, including the very few clear nights a year I have, I am heavily considering putting my telescope at a remote hosting facility somewhere in the south of Europe. Is there anyone around here who has experience with this? Things to keep in mind and consider? Any remote hosting facilities to recommend?

Would love to hear about your experience or advice!

Thanks in advance and best regards!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been hosting with Colin at IC Astronomy for coming up to 4 years now and can't fault anything, aside from the weather occasionally. The only issues I've had are all hardware related, manufacturing issues with my scope and a blown board on my mount (it was 6 years old), which Colin replaced for me when I supplied the part.  Dave at Pixel Skies is also a stellar guy (pardon the pun), a few miles away from Colin (IC Astronomy), and setups are very similar given they have or at least had some shared interest on Pixel Skies.  I think the issue you may have is space, last time I was there IC Astronomy was full and Pixel Skies only had a few spaces left.  Happy to answer any questions you may have, but Colin and Dave are very responsive.

Edited by snowy911
  • Like 1