SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

A rose

Ceph

16-17 dec 22 I got a window in the sky, first this season. started with the elephant and ended with the rose due their time in the sky from southern Sweden which has probably the worse skies in our country.
I wonder how long I will continue with this childhood love as the weather is no friend and getting worse every year it seems. However once in a while the results gives me what I am longing for.
Learned a little more in Pixinsight handling and also did a new editing on the rose taken with the smaller 460 scope -21.

1000mm around 15 of each 300s bin1
Rosette-1000mm.thumb.jpg.1273f63593a55ffd98c6bae2210b6c35.jpg

460mm
Rosette-460mm.thumb.jpg.1b536908e240cb9895abbf43456a5d4a.jpg

• Like 19

18 hours ago, carastro said:

Very nice.  I prefer the colours in the full image as they are a bit more subtle.  But I prefer DS objects to have stars in them. 

Carole 

Thanks Carole
The starless version I thought was a better choice this time as it really shows the nebula, but as you say the stars are present in the real life, so today I gave star version a try with BlurXT
As BlurXT makes the stars smaller they are not so distrubing as I thought they would be and it also turned out pretty well.
 Rose-Stars.thumb.jpg.512ede7388bb7a3f75dbd4d34fd342de.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Roy Foreman said:

Very nice images. I've just been 6 months without clear skies but now they have arrived it reminds me why I stick with this hobby. Don't give up.

Thanks Roy.
6 Months :( sorry to hear, 2016 I started with astrophoto and I remember I could carry my equipment in and out so many times starting at september ending at the end of april.
Last season 2021-2022 it took 99 days in mid december before it was time and same this season. If I had welded my scope on James Webb just before launch it would solve the problem ;)
It is as it is.

Sad times indeed. We can only hope the weather is going through a bad phase and that some day it will get better.  But by then we might have thousands of satellite trails to deal with in our images !

As you say, it is what it is, and sadly we have to live with it. Here's to clearer skies one day.