Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC2282

alan4908

NGC2282 is located in Monoceros and is a rarely imaged and understudied object.  The area consists of an isolated molecular cloud that contains a variety of interesting objects such as reflection nebula, a young star cluster and star forming HII regions. It is believed that the cluster contains a significant population of pre-main sequence stars with an estimated age of 2 to 5 million years.

The LRGB image below was taken with my Esprit 150 and represents 13 hours integration time (which took me over a year to accumulate in the sunny UK !)

Alan

15 Final_crop.jpg

• Like 30

On 03/02/2023 at 15:21, symmetal said:

That's a great image, and one I don't think I've seen before. Very colourful. I'd call it the 'Fruit Bat Nebula' as it's looks to be eyeing up the raspberries. 😊

Alan

Thanks !  - yes, I'm surprised it hasn't been imaged much, particularly as it is very colorful - I presume this is  due to its small apparent size.  

11 hours ago, Roy Foreman said:

Like the colours. Very nice image.

Thanks Roy :hello:

7 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

Now that is a piece of work! Absolutely splendid, giving us something few of us have seen before despite its lying in a much-photographed constellation. It's also beautifully done. Hats off!

Olly

Thanks Olly.  This is also my first image where I've used BlurXTerminator - the second AI version is very impressive. :happy11:

Alan