Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 2403 in Camelopardalis

Petervde

Excellent result - and in the moonlight too (comparing with my modest recent attempt - without moon - on the same subject :))! Have you thought of adding some colour for a real show-stopper?

A very interesting choice of target. I'd love to try it sometime. I'll add it to my list of targets to visit with my 200mm newtonian on a clear, moonless night. ;-)

Interesting scope as well! I love my Megrez 90, although not in the same league...

Excellent result - and in the moonlight too (comparing with my modest recent attempt - without moon - on the same subject :))! Have you thought of adding some colour for a real show-stopper?

I did make the necessary frames for R, G and B but I was unable to combine them since the R-frames seem to have rotated in relation to the L, G and B frames. I thought I could solve this by using the 'move' and 'transform' tools in Photoshop but it didn't work for me. Still looking for a good solution though...

Peter

ImagesPlus I know will rotate (and if necessary re-scale) frames during alignment. I'm not sure whether Noel Carboni's Astronomy Tools do a similar function. Neither of these are free software I'm afraid (Noels are considerably cheaper!). Rotation between frames seems to be a common problem especially if not using a filter wheel, there was another thread on this topic recently.

If you'd like me to have a go with ImagesPlus, and if you can attach your frames to an E-mail, drop me a PM. Not promising anything though! :)

Archived