Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Has anyone had dealings with Sheds Sheds Sheds?

tezz

On 28/02/2023 at 12:29, carastro said:

Great observatory.  If you say the guys had a four hour drive home, can you tell me where they are based please.   I am asking on berhalf of some-one else I know who is wanting to get an observatory built.

Carole  

The post above gives you the site.

Or follow the link and you will see a picture with the phone numbers on.

Mine came from Skegness but the same company.

Great observatory.  If you say the guys had a four hour drive home, can you tell me where they are based please.   I am asking on berhalf of some-one else I know who is wanting to get an observatory built.

Carole  

Carole  

Carole  

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282153730577

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/02/2023 at 18:07, tezz said:

No hole.

The cost of someone to do it all is to much.

The first room is were a laptop will go.

The second room is were the scope will go.

So there is a very small chance of vibration.

very small chance of vibration? That remains to be seen - unless you have an update?  I have found that even with paving slabs laid on soil, if one's foot presses on the same slab that a tripod leg is resting on, it causes a disturbance at the eyepiece.  I would expect that If you have a telescope and a human at opposite ends of a raised wooden floor, the vibration transmission would be significant.  Some DIY observatory builders go to the lengths of isolating a concrete pier foundation from a cast concrete floor slab.

But if you are sticking to the plan you originally indicated, of observing remotely from inside the house, the flexing floor should not be a problem.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/03/2023 at 20:52, Cosmic Geoff said:

very small chance of vibration? That remains to be seen - unless you have an update?  I have found that even with paving slabs laid on soil, if one's foot presses on the same slab that a tripod leg is resting on, it causes a disturbance at the eyepiece.  I would expect that If you have a telescope and a human at opposite ends of a raised wooden floor, the vibration transmission would be significant.  Some DIY observatory builders go to the lengths of isolating a concrete pier foundation from a cast concrete floor slab.

But if you are sticking to the plan you originally indicated, of observing remotely from inside the house, the flexing floor should not be a problem.

My floor does not flex much if any.

I put a digital level on the floor and didn't see much movement.

I have bought  3 anti vibration cups which are made by Celestron.

And my rubber floor goes down this weekend. 

It will be glued and stapled to the floor. And the is a railway sleeper under the floor.

I am trying to work on a few Nema 17 motors to move the roof.

If it works out, I will have no need to go in to the clubhouse when it's setup for that night.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 24/03/2023 at 11:51, tezz said:

My floor does not flex much if any.

I put a digital level on the floor and didn't see much movement.

I have bought  3 anti vibration cups which are made by Celestron.

And my rubber floor goes down this weekend. 

It will be glued and stapled to the floor. And the is a railway sleeper under the floor.

I am trying to work on a few Nema 17 motors to move the roof.

If it works out, I will have no need to go in to the clubhouse when it's setup for that night.

A very nice observatory  , you will love it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I too have been looking at ShedsSheds in considering to have a obs. So this weekend I drove over to see Darren who builds them, he is based just between Boston and Skegness.

He had a 12 x 8 roll off roof already set up ready, when he builds, he erects them to ensure they slide correctly, disassemble’s and then ships to customer.

My opinion is they are very well built for the price, roof rolls very easily, he uses substantial roller wheels. He will build to any custom dimension, both,in floor plan and height. I am opting for a 12x8 with a 7 ft obs space and a 5ft warm room. They deliver and erect. When I asked about the pier, he wants to know the approx placement of the pier, but then they will cut the hole once on site. He supplies rail sleepers to sit the obs on, just need to build the footing pads.

I hope to put together some photos once I start the project, just need some dry days. I will be enlisting the help of someone to help me with the ground works as unfortunately the body although willing is not so capable nowadays.