Narrowband

Bresser 127

The Hank you , I was concerned the Bresser was over priced if the skymax was just as good although I know the Bresser is a full 127.  

Would the SA GTI be a good mount option vs the AZI GTI - I’m thinking it’s EQ so I can use for visual and Astro and a better investment for me long term 

The Bresser is a longer focal length and slower , I’d say a sharper and more of a planet killer than the skymax imo and I believe it’s better built with its full 127 light gathering ability (the skymax is only actually 120) and larger primary mirror - a better ota all round in imho - but it’s all personal choice of course ! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Astro74 said:

The Hank you , I was concerned the Bresser was over priced if the skymax was just as good although I know the Bresser is a full 127.  

Would the SA GTI be a good mount option vs the AZI GTI - I’m thinking it’s EQ so I can use for visual and Astro and a better investment for me long term 

Couldn't comment tbh as I don't have experience with the SA Gti. However I do use the az gti in eq mode for imaging, see attached. It meets my imaging needs and the whole rig is very lightweight.

20220323_163419.thumb.jpg.d792d1fcf7761ffc2cbaacfb2fe57d9f.jpg

I agree with Astro74- the azi gti is fab no doubt about it but if you want to image you need a wedge and it’s extra to buy it so I agree go to the star adventurer gti and use it as an eq for both visual and Astro imaging 

Edited by Beardy30
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

Couldn't comment tbh as I don't have experience with the SA Gti. However I do use the az gti in eq mode for imaging, see attached. It meets my imaging needs and the whole rig is very lightweight.

20220323_163419.thumb.jpg.d792d1fcf7761ffc2cbaacfb2fe57d9f.jpg

Nice 😊