Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASIAIR PRO Port Extention Options

Glenbo

Hope I'm in the right category here.

I currently use an ASIAIR PRO as the brain that connects to my AVX mount, Cannon D100 DSLR & ZWO120 mini guide scope. It also powers my 2 dew heater straps as well as a wifi extender. I would like to add an ZWO EAF however I have run out of ports on the ASIAIR. One of the USB3 ports holds the storage card so I suppose I could free it up by having the ASIAIR transfer the data storage to the DSLR card. I would also like a planetary camera down the road like a ZWO ASI224MC. Same problem, or magnified problem if I get the EAF. Can a power management box like a Pegasus or Wanderer Lite V2 connect to the ASIAIR pro as an extension under its control?  

I like the ASIAIR  because I live in an area where connecting to a laptop outside is not an option for much of the year. 

Edited by Glenbo

You may connect some equipment via USB hub. I think you may start trying with just a simple passive USB2.0 hub and connect mount and EAF via hub, because these two setup components require low bandwith and no active power (unless EAF is powered via USB, so then you need an active USB hub).

How many images are you taking per session. The in built micro SD card is sufficient for storing one sessions worth of data unless you're taking more than 500-1000 very short exposures.

If you bought a cooled camera you can use the usb ports on the back of the cameras, no option for this with the uncooled ones.