Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APM ED 16x70

tico

There are some reviews here:

and here (including a comparison to the Fujinons)

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/564698-apm-16x70-ed-vs-fuji-16x70-fmt-sx-round-1/

The APM clearly comes out ahead, which does not surprise me, as the APM is a much newer design

I don't know how they would hold up against the Helios LightQuest, but I have the Helios LightQuest 16x80 and compared that to the Helios Apollo 15x70 I had before. The LightQuest has a definite edge over the Apollo, and not just because of the 10mm extra aperture.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bought one eight weeks ago, and immediately fell in love with it. Excellent build quality, rather lightweight (2250 gr), and matches very good with a Manfrotto video fluid head on a vintage tripod with center crank column. Very sharp views for more than 90% of the radius of the field of view, No chromatic aberration; gives a very "vibrant" view. No problems to use it with glasses. A real joy under dark skies; M 1 easy; spotted gx NGC 2903 in Leo under 4.5 mag NELM skies without problems; could go on and on..

Very indicative is, that I'm drawn to use it often in daylight just to spot trees, birds, buildings, whatever else, simply to enjoy the perfect quality views with it. Binoculars for a lifetime!

Stephan

• Like 2

Great bino, I bought it last year on the german forum (Astronomie.de). Better image quality than TS Marine 15x70 and other BA8 binoculars etc. Views are sharp almost to the end field of view.
This is a nice grab-and-go binocular for Deep Space Objects. Worth to buy it!

1.thumb.jpg.ae63521111b15ae2c44f2c029c50feaa.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.5672d3dc1f5c14b60228ef8553f44554.jpg