SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

It's amazing what's capable with a little effort and help. (first image vs latest, same equipment)

I was looking through some photos today and came across my very first image of M42. It wasn't stacked and I had no idea what I was doing with processing. But I was extremely hooked after seeing what was produced. After a few months of learning (and help) I think the difference is pretty noticeable. I just wanted to share so that any aspiring AP people who  might be frustrated with the process, can see what's possible with some determination. What's even more amazing is that both photo's were taken with the same equipment!

I still have a long way to go, but this has been an amazing journey so far.

orion before.jpg

• Like 18

19 hours ago, powerlord said:

Great progress, you're where I was 2 years ago. It's really fulfilling when you make an order of magnitude step up isn't it? Welcome to the journey.. And the very deep rabbit hole. 🐰😂

I will never forget the excitement the first image gave me. Seeing it show up on the view finders a rush. And ya the rabbit hole is real, luckily my son is perhaps even more obsessed than I am. So we are talking this journey together! 

• Like 1

On 31/01/2023 at 20:44, Trippelforge said:

After a few months of learning (and help) I think the difference is pretty noticeable. I just wanted to share so that any aspiring AP people who  might be frustrated with the process, can see what's possible with some determination. What's even more amazing is that both photo's were taken with the same equipment!

Its an amazing improvement. Looks like you are enjoying the journey and thats the main thing. 👍

I know someone out there is going to be able to get a better image out of the same data that I have acquired, but I get lots of joy out of the small progresses I have made.

• Like 1

That's really good progress, well done! Whenever I process my images and become too critical on details or frustrated, I go back to my first images to realise how far I've come  and to remind myself of what we're actually doing in this hobby. Keep it up! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Richard_ said:

That's really good progress, well done! Whenever I process my images and become too critical on details or frustrated, I go back to my first images to realise how far I've come  and to remind myself of what we're actually doing in this hobby. Keep it up! 

That is a very good point!