Narrowband

NGC 891

Rodd

This is another C11Edge reprocess.  It is very easy to underestimate this image due to its small size.  But it is bin 1, so view at full resolution for a much more fulfilling result.

C11EDGE with .7x reducer and ASI 1600.  About 16 hours

FF39EE18-074B-4F60-A27F-72E0DF99EBC1.thumb.jpeg.3719f72b3672e641f7806161d966a3a9.jpeg

Edited by Rodd
  • Like 27

1 hour ago, gorann said:

Yes, a great image Rodd! I assume you gave it a dose of BlurXT and the other recent magical tools.

Ha! You got me Goran!  BlurXT anyway.  I find I do not need starXT as much now that I use BlurXT.  I do not have the noise XT tool.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rodd said:

Ha! You got me Goran!  BlurXT anyway.  I find I do not need starXT as much now that I use BlurXT.  I do not have the noise XT tool.  

Thought so and don´t feel bad - we all use it now😄

1 hour ago, gorann said:

Thought so and don´t feel bad - we all use it now😄

I know.  Now that all images are THAT much better.  I probably should not post such things. I need some clear nights 

2 hours ago, The Lazy Astronomer said:

Very nice - one I'd like to try one day. Question though: what's the cause of the 2 diffraction spikes on some of the brighter stars? 

Those spikes are microlensing artifacts of the sensor.  I hope to upgrade at some point