SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

8” SCT electric focuser

bosun21

Can I use one of the focuser kits on sale for an 8” SCT that would allow me to utilize a focuser motor like the Skywatcher electric focuser? I only want to manually control the focuser and not via a laptop. Thanks 

Hello bosun21,  which brand of sct is it? I know that celestron have one. An alternative that I carried out on the skymax was to change the visual back and stuck a dual speed focuser on the device to which I added initially a lakeside focuser controller and handset and very recently replaced it with an asi eaf and handset. For visual, this was an excellent upgrade.

I have just ordered myself an electric focuser motor kit for the 8” SCT which comprises of the mounting bracket and screws, pulleys and belt, 25mm motor and the focus controller and cables. For the sum of €110 postage included. I previously bought a kit for my 127 Maksutov which is still working perfectly today. Food for thought.