Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My New Book - Just released!

steppenwolf

I have finally completed a project that I have been thinking about for a couple of years and working on for the last six months – the writing of a book on deep sky astro-photography aimed specifically at beginners. My book, ‘Making Every Photon Count’ will be available to buy later this week and I wanted to introduce it to you here.

There are several excellent books on the subject of astro-photography but none that quite hit the spot for the absolute beginner who wants to try their hand at deep sky imaging so I felt that there was a hole in the market that needed to be plugged and decided to plug the hole myself. As you will see from the extracts from the foreword written by Patrick Moore and reproduced on my website, I believe that I have achieved that goal. I haven’t been involved in astronomy for that long myself so I still remember all the questions that I had to ask in forums like this one and I have based my book on the answers to these constantly recurring questions.

Details about the book can be found here on my website.

astro_book_cover_600.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Steve. I'm sure that this will be a great resource for those branching out into the "Dark Art". Wish there was something like that when I started out!

Once I've recovered from car MOT's this month I'll pick up a copy.

Cheers

Ant

I'm impressed Steve. As we all know Astrophotography has a very steep learning curve so this type of book should do really well.

Well done and I hope the book has a huge sucess.

You have the Ideal pedigree to have written a book on this subject Steve. I'm certain it will have a great appeal to the beginner in modern astrophotography. There is a huge market out there, and hopefully it will require several print runs to satisfy it.

Ron.;)

PS. Is it hardback, or paperback please.?

Thank you all for your very supportive comments, very much appreciated as this has not been a small investment in time or money!

That looks really cool!

So,how do we go about getting our copy signed by the author? ;)

I have been rather amused by the number of people who have emailed me about this as I am, after all, just 'little Steppenwolf from the forum' but as several people have asked the same question, I must assume it is a serious one!

I would be delighted to supply signed copies to SGL members on request. Just drop me an email after you have placed your order and I'll do the rest. I am assuming that what is required is my signature and the date in the top RH corner of the first page of the 'preliminaries'?

Thanks again for your kind support!

Archived