SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M101 my 1st LRGB image

blinky

With much help from Phychobilly I present my first attempt at an LRGB image. I know it all all over the shop and I somehow doubt it will win image of the week! But I am quite happy with the result, I had no idea how tricky aligning everything would be and I am now on the lookout for a filter wheel!

To see the making of this image have a look at this thread in the image processing help section

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-image-processing-help-techniques/78047-cannot-create-colour-image-rgb-files.html#post1202804

post-13107-13387736517_thumb.jpg

That is fantastic Craig. You certainly get 10/10 from me mate.

I don't have the technical knowhow to make an honest assessment,

but I really am not concerned, all I see is a very nice coloured galaxy.

I would say you are chuffed to bits.

Kudos to Peter for the help he provided. That's the guy he is, always willing.

Well done both.

Ron.;):icon_salut:

I can see good star colour and fluffy blue in spiral arms so you must be pleased with this advance. You definitely need a filterwheel to avoid rotation and get rid of gradients in individual rgb before combining. Great start, JohnH.

Well done Craig, looks like you are up and running with colour now. It's great fun processing colour images, very often your first run throughs look like a dogs dinner and then eventually you hit the sweet spot and what you thought was for the scrap heap turns into something respectable. I love that moment when you've aligned the RGB with the L and you hit the colour blend mode.

One tip, and you may well have sussed it already, don't think just in terms of RGB, think RGBCMY. For example, if you want to boost the blue but things are a bit on the magenta side boost the green and the blue at the same time, the improvement can be amazing.

I watched a video tutorial, a link to which had been posted in one of the threads surrounding this subject.

It was very interesting, although the image was not transformed until the RGB was finally united with the Luminance.

The result was incredible. I suddenly had a 'Yosser' moment, saying to myself, "I can do that":D

You will be very keen to go galaxy hunting now Craig, and put your new skills to work.

Ron.

Archived