SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

The Running Man in Ha RGB

peter shah

I imaged this one of the Running Man Nebula remotely a few nights ago in Spain with the 17in Planewave and FLI16803 CCD,.....Unfortunately someone in a neighbouring observatory left on an IR light from a camera!!!..But despite the artefacts from the IR I still thought it was worth  processing. Image exposure was 2Hrs each in Ha RGB all 600s sub exposures.
Thanks for taking a look
Peter Shah

Runningman Nebula Ha RGB.jpg

• Like 23

1 hour ago, James said:

I couldn't see any artefacts - except a faint blue line moving across, upwards from right to left...?

Lovely image, inconsiderate neighbour notwithstanding! :)

James

Thank you James...no that isnt the artefact......that was just my lazy process...I normally run it through a defect Map to repair the one bad column on this camera. ....I had to do some work to minimise the effect of the IR...its every where in the frame......I can still see them...the main one is a great big red arc going from 9 o'clock to 1 o'clock...but there are a few others that I was able to tame. 

2 minutes ago, The Lazy Astronomer said:

Phenomenal! Don't normally see this one take centre stage.

P.s. never would have noticed the artifact had you not pointed it out

Thank you... I first did it about 20years back with an LX10.... but only because it had the FL and a tiny sensor and I couldn't get M42 in lol ....I just love the range of colour in it