Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

C-2022 E3 (ZTF), LRGB

Early hours of this morning for a crack at Comet C-2022 E3 (ZTF), 15 x 60 sec for LRG & B.

Acquisition in NINA, using the Orbitals plugin for the location and changing the 'Sequence Mode" to 'Loop' rather than the default 'One after another'.  Library flats and darks

asi1600mm + APM 107/700. Processed in PixInsight:

• Initially just stacked the data as normal, ending up with a 4 mono starscapes and comet-ish smear
  • LRGB combine and tidy up of the stars, stretch and then StarXterminator, keeping just the stars image
  • CometAlignment on the registered images, output to a folder
  • ImageIntergration on the LRGB groups, with some aggressive rejection
  • LRGB combine on the comet images, stretch and background clean-up (a slight detour into PS for that)
  • PixelMath the stars back in

574268557_C-2022E3(ZTF)26-01-23.jpg.c324a9538f35aac84910c04be5aa7e60.jpg

• Like 21

Nice shot! I've been battling clouds non-stop over the past month so I haven't gotten a great look at it yet, but maybe tonight 🤞

On 26/01/2023 at 06:50, Yawning Angel said:

changing the 'Sequence Mode" to 'Loop' rather than the default 'One after another'

Can you clarify what you mean by this? The only setting I see anywhere related to Orbitals is the refresh interval. I've tried to use the plug-in on two occasions and the comet has ended up in-frame but pretty far off to the side. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your sequence entry?

Edited by webcubus

19 minutes ago, webcubus said:

Can you clarify what you mean by this? The only setting I see anywhere related to Orbitals is the refresh interval. I've tried to use the plug-in on two occasions and the comet has ended up in-frame but pretty far off to the side. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your sequence entry?

These are 2 separate things:

The Orbitals plugin, remember to update the data :

image.png.2546ee7ed9e372eb108c8eb86f516827.png

The hit frame, and from the framing screen slew and centre then update your sequence

The loop option is on the sequence tab, and just makes it do L-R-G-B-L-R-G-B-L-R-G-B etc rather than L-L-L-R-R-R-G-G-G-B-B-B

image.png.e71d3554e2afac3c91c8ea7a4fcd9e68.png

I hope this helps

• Like 1