Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

William Optics vs Explore Scientific Triple refractors

DSviewer

AFAIK William Optics subcontracts out to Taiwanese suppliers. Their product range chops and changes accordingly, and you will often find several versions of a scope. I have a GT71 mkii and the objective and mechanics are very good, and it has a good quality finish.

The WO FLT91 appears to have the same mechanics as the TS CF 90, which was a few hundred euro cheaper so I bought that. 

WO charge a premium for perceived quality, but they have had issues with some models, and with some flatteners and reducers.  Do background research. If you buy from FLO they usually do a check and tune before dispatch

1 hour ago, johnturley said:

I think that the William Optics scopes are generally regarded as being of better optical quality, and better engineered.

John 

I have seen good and bad examples of both. What I will say is that I will take a colimatable lens cell over a none colimateble lens cell any day and the GT71 and GT81 are not colimatable. 

Adam