Narrowband

Unable to alter RA or Dec max duration in asiair app

I took my imaging rig out on Tuesday 24th January for the first time since 19th October. The asiair app has updated to the latest one 2.0.10.46 and all went well with it though I had to reselect my mount in the list back to eq mod mount for my az gti in EQ mode. After I calibrated the guidescope and got that all guiding nicely, sometimes after a dither I would get the Max dec duration needed to be increased because PhD coukdnt keep the guide star locked properly but when I tried to change the Max dec duration in the settings I couldn't as when pressing on my phone to select it just wouldn't do anything. I've tried this today on another device and during the day still the same so must be a glitch in the new app. I tried turning off the guidecamera zwo asi120mc-s but still couldn't change it. I've never had an issue before with these settings and on previous versions of the software. It wouldn't do it after every dither maybe 3 times during a 3 hour imaging run. I will submit a ticket to zwo too.  I power it via zwo power brick and the WiFi connection was strong between the phone and asiair pro. 

Lee

IMG_20230124_195253.jpg

IMG_20230124_184953.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
addition

32 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

I had to up my dec settings twice recently, same warning as well.

Try uninstall and reinstall lee. However before you do check you phones own software is up to date. 

Thanks Steve. Both my devices are on upto date software. I have uninstalled and reinstalled on both devices and now is working fine and upped my dec duration to 800 and see how that goes. 

Thank you again Steve, I should of tried uninstalling and reinstalling it don't know why I didn't haha. 

Lee 

Edited by AstroNebulee

I've started a thread about this update, it's caused nothing but headaches for me after two years of plain sailing. I also got that warning, and just bumped it up to 10000ms to shut it up, but I didn't have an issue altering the value. The apps frozen a few times and my azgtis done strange gotos enough for me to stop it and pack it away.

• Like 1

I shall have a look at your thread Elp, sorry I probably should of added this to your thread. 

I had a strange goto after choosing my focus star but platesolving pulled it back for me. Was ok after that except for the Dec warning, guiding was good though at total. 2.1 rms overall which isn't bad fir my overweight setup. 

Lee 

When I previewed it did a goto, then second centering attempt it went somewhere else. I sent it back home, this was wrong by 6 hours east (90 degrees) then it didn't respond.

Second session it generally did the same thing. Home position was correct before and after I did the PA. Both sessions the app became unresponsive.

When I used my gem28 with my new mini the first time it kept doing a kamikaze dive in guiding every 15 images or so, took 3-4 more which were star trailed then had to auto centre itself. The second time I couldn't use the mini at all because the app kept saying disk is full when I had cleared it, tried powering off, even reset the unit, said the same thing. Tried it the next day during the day and it was fine.

Too many problems in a short space of time to suggest it is a software issue, when such problems didn't exist before.

• Sad 1