Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Explore Scientific 152 Mak Newt Comet Hunter

These are back in stock in a few locations for reasons that I haven't been able to get to the bottom of, as ES stopped making them a while back

An email to ES had a reply that they have not recommenced manufacture, however an email to a trusted supplier stated they are back in production due to demand. They seem to be originating with Bresser. Anyway, I digress

Any owners here? I have an unused discount code so can get a good few tokens off the price, and I've fancied a Mak Newt for imaging longer FL's for a while. Maybe sticking a barlow on one for lunar too

They have good reviews from AV Astro and Cody, who both owned one, but the few astrobin images that exist are not great. I've also seen a couple of posts regarding red/green flares on opposite sides of stars, and bad star shapes. Is this likely to be alignment issues between Objective and Primary in a MN, causing diffraction related issues?

Welcome any feedback from users