Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Takahashi FS-60C Dust Cap Loose (Tape Worn)

Hi All

The black felt like anti-rattle tape inside the rim of my dust cap is worn resulting in a loose fit, what I'm worried about is it dropping off in the dark and getting damaged.

Has anyone replaced this tape before and if so with what? Its approx 12mm wide and I reckon under 0.5mm thick, maybe thicker? 

Some pics below.

Thanks Iain

IMG_4340.jpeg

IMG_4339.jpeg

IMG_4338.jpeg

1 hour ago, mikeDnight said:

I think I'd be tempted to buy some felt and cut it to size, then trying it for smugness before gluing it in position. Even three felt pads may be all you'll need?

Thanks for suggestions Mike, I’ll check on the Bay & Amazon for something suitable.
Just looked inside the cap of my FC-100DL and it’s the same type of tape but in three segments about 65mm long. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JeremyS said:

Isn’t that the sense that all Tak owners experience, Mike?   👍🏻🤣

That's brilliant! I am sorry though, it was my spell correct incorrectly correcting my incorrect spelling. But Smugness and Takahashi do seem to work well together. 😂 I meant snugness of course.

Edited by mikeDnight
  • Haha 2

I used some sticky backed felt for covers for the extender module for the 60CB. It turned out to be quite hairy and moulted all over the module. I ended up using this (link attached, velvet material) which is quite nice but needs gluing and is tricky to work with, but doesn't leave my lenses covered in hair!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07PZ1DXZD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Malcolm 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MalcolmM said:

I used some sticky backed felt for covers for the extender module for the 60CB. It turned out to be quite hairy and moulted all over the module. I ended up using this (link attached, velvet material) which is quite nice but needs gluing and is tricky to work with, but doesn't leave my lenses covered in hair!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07PZ1DXZD?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Malcolm 

Cheers Malcolm 

Thanks for the link.

Been looking on the Bay & Amazon and didn’t realise there so many choices of fluffy tape, if it was an ordinary plastic cap I wouldn’t be too worried but apart from the shonky tape it’s a work art for a dust cap 🤣 

Cheers Iain 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I know its a few months ago but I eventually found a roll of anti rattle felt tape on the Bay of Fleas for £3.82, it's very thin but ideal for my needs.

I cut three small sections approx 20mm x 10mm and stuck them equidistantly over the original tape which seems to have done the trick. Screenshot below of the tape. 

IMG_4893.jpeg

Edited by jock1958
  • Like 1