SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Help with nasty tilt issue on Canon 700D

Spedz

I've got what I believe is a pretty nasty tilt issue with my setup (astromodded Canon 700D, Samyang 135mm) and after testing the lens with my second camera (stock 700D) I learnt it wasn't an issue with the lens. I also went back and checked some of my older pics from a few months back with the same setup and there was no serious tilt issue back then. 

I think the problem is that with the project the image I linked is from the camera is orientated in a way that the weight of the DSLR is putting too much strain where it joins to the lens, (the lens is supported in one of those 3d printed ring systems and attached to the dovetail and the camera just hangs off the end unsupported), is there any product I can get that will hold the DSLR and support it's weight so this tilt issue might go away?

The test I did wasn't very scientific as the stock 700D was pointing at the comet c/2022 which was towards the home position of the mount while Orion is low in the sky and behind the mount but I feel thjis supports my theory that it's an issue with the weight of the unsupported DSLR in this exact orientation that is the issue.

jea7T4G.png