Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

CG-4 RA axis moves with worm gear, but can twisted forward a bit after I stop, any ideas?

Trippelforge

So currently I am running into a new issue with my mount that I have not noticed before. When I move the RA axis with the worm gear it advances smoothly. But each time I stop I am able to grab the mount and twist it forward about 6mm. If I heavily tighten the two upper worm housing bolts it seems to make it tougher to move, but it still does.

I need to probably take a video as it's hard to explain, but I was hoping maybe someone would understand what I dealing with. And if so know what component causes it to do this so I can attempt to fix it, even if it means a rebuild.

Thanks for any help!

I'm not familiar with this mount but there will be some way to adjust it.  First of all though, determine whether there is end float causing the problem.  When you rock the mount, look to see if the worm is moving side to side.    🙂

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

I'm not familiar with this mount but there will be some way to adjust it.  First of all though, determine whether there is end float causing the problem.  When you rock the mount, look to see if the worm is moving side to side.    🙂

Interesting, that sounds very plausible. I have been having some issues with it's movement, and keep tweaking it trying to lighten up the torque it's exerting on the motor. I wonder if there is some slop in it if I could use some very thin plastic washers, or something to eliminate it. Thanks for the help, I didn't give that any thought.