SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Upgraded Mewlons Underway

23 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

UPDATE: I was somewhat misled regarding this upgrade, i spoke to the horses mouth (Tak america) they did confirm a focuser workaround for the 250 and up models as they are having trouble sourcing the usual parts. They inform me that they spoke to the factory regarding my inquiry about details surrounding said upgrades to the 180 and they confirmed the 180 is not a part of the current issues with the 250 and up. Unfortunately, the merchant who advised me to wait on the 180 didn't get the full details before he spoke to me. What I should have done was carry out my little investigation before posting here, now I have passed on incorrect information, don't I look like a fool, now.

No need to worry, Jeremy.

Don't worry. At least you got a few pulses racing. It shows how the name Takahashi still runs deep. 💘

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Yes, I imagined Jeremy throwing Takahashi telescopes around his house in a fit of rage. 🤣

I'm not so sure. You might find he would rather throw his wife and kids, TV or car out before he'd harm any of his Tak's. 

• Haha 2

On 17/01/2023 at 20:32, Sunshine said:

UPDATE: I was somewhat misled regarding this upgrade, i spoke to the horses mouth (Tak america) they did confirm a focuser workaround for the 250 and up models as they are having trouble sourcing the usual parts. They inform me that they spoke to the factory regarding my inquiry about details surrounding said upgrades to the 180 and they confirmed the 180 is not a part of the current issues with the 250 and up. Unfortunately, the merchant who advised me to wait on the 180 didn't get the full details before he spoke to me. What I should have done was carry out my little investigation before posting here, now I have passed on incorrect information, don't I look like a fool, now.

No need to worry, Jeremy. Even if a major upgrade was made to the 180, no force in the universe can stop the man of many Tak's from purchasing another 🤣

Does that mean the Mewlon 300 will be improved as in: half the weight and half the prize!?!?!

• Haha 1

That sounds ver un-Tak like, besides the so called "upgrades" are not really upgrades as they are a resourcing of focuser parts due to supply issues with their usual parts, sound like it could actually be a downgrade.