Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A Bi-colour Jellyfish with a twist

tomato

This is predominantly OSC data with the NBZ dual NB filter (Esprit150/IMX571c/NBZ, 207 x 3 mins) but there is also 57 x 3 mins of 'Luminance' data taken with the Esprit150/QHY268m/NBZ making 13.2 hrs integration in total. The dual band signal on the mono camera cannot be assigned to a colour channel so it becomes the luminance channel, hopefully providing more depth and detail than the OSC data alone can supply. Once again my casual approach to framing multiple cameras on multiple nights has rather spoilt the background in some areas...

Calibrated and stacked in APP, processed in PI with all three RC Xterminator tools applied.

The bright glow at the bottom is from Propus which is just outside the frame. I was concerned about the very black  background  region running through the centre of the nebula, but something similar is present on other images I've looked at, but not with the extreme contrast that I have  managed to introduce.  I think the proximity of the bright star might have something to do with it. There is some evidence of obscuring dust in this object, based on the dark channels which appear higher up.

Thanks for looking.

Image12_AP.thumb.jpg.e63bc36fc02572cf029c3cb2d5b3f782.jpg

• Like 13