SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

AstroHopper 1.0.9 - updates

Artik

It passed some time since I updated. I released a version recently.

AstroHopper is a free and open-source web-based application that automates objects finding.

All you need is to align the scope/app on a known star or planet in a proximity of the target you are looking for and the app would lead you to the target using smartphone motion sensors - gyro and accelerometer.  Thanks to the advances in VR/AR technology in latest smartphones the sensors become accurate enough to measure phone/scope movements accurately enough. It can be seen as SSE alternative that converts the scope to "push-to" but it works little bit differently - as you do quick visual alignment instead of plate solving.

This app is very popular in my local community (obviously since such app becomes viral much better in a small community) . On some stargazing parties you can see 1/3-1/2 of dob users navigate using one.

Some of latest updates:

• Fixed issue with map moving incorrectly on iOS devices prior to first alignment
  • Fixed watch list handling
  • Fixed constellation names position
  • Various documentation updates

Video tutorial Nir Zonshine created for the app: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtArqBLWWJ8

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...