Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC1805 revisited with combined data

Adreneline

I imaged IC1805 in late November 2022 using a RedCat 51 and 6 nm Astronomik 1.25" filters.

IC1805-SHO-rc1600.thumb.jpg.70fb588e152dd77990e59a9a0e915984.jpg

I have since been entrusted with a SharpStar 13028HNT f2.8 astrograph from a fellow SGL'er so I revisited IC1805 with a 2" Astronomik Ha filter and combined the new Ha data with the previous OIII and SII data.

For whatever reason (still to be determined) PI refused all attempts to register the SS and RedCat data; in the end I managed to get APP to register everything with the Ha as the reference, and this is the end result.

IC1805-landscape-screensaver.thumb.jpg.1eef6b1e779e482c0edeacb1ef587334.jpg

Post-processing in PI.

Thanks for looking.

Adrian

• Like 14

26 minutes ago, tooth_dr said:

Incredible detail in the new version. Aperture rules. 

Haha! ... and nice optics in the SharpStar also play a part. It's a joy of a scope to use - if only I could figure out why it won't register I could have a whole load of fun with some of my old RedCat data.

Glad you like it Adam.

Adrian

• Like 1

The dark pillars and filaments are particularly stunning and sharp here, very nice image.

Regarding PI and different image scales, so far have not been able to do that either with 800mm and 1020mm focal length mixed datasets that register just fine in Siril or APP. Maybe its some on purpose design decision in PI?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ONIKKINEN said:

The dark pillars and filaments are particularly stunning and sharp here, very nice image.

Regarding PI and different image scales, so far have not been able to do that either with 800mm and 1020mm focal length mixed datasets that register just fine in Siril or APP. Maybe its some on purpose design decision in PI?

Thank you - glad you like it.

Thanks for the prompt regarding SiriL - I’ll give it a go.

Adrian

Very nice..  in PI have you tried ticking scale difference and increasing RANSAC?   The other thing you can do ( and which I do for mosaics) is to plate solve each image and then use Mosaic by co-ordinates to re-project and register the images 

Dave

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

Very nice..

Thank you Dave.

19 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

in PI have you tried ticking scale difference and increasing RANSAC?

No, not tried that - thanks for the tip - I'll give it a go.

20 minutes ago, Laurin Dave said:

The other thing you can do ( and which I do for mosaics) is to plate solve each image and then use Mosaic by co-ordinates to re-project and register the images 

Also worth a try - thank you.

Adrian

• Like 1