Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Synscan wifi problem

Hello

I have bought a synscan wifi adapter dongel to my eqm-35pro.

But i have problem connecting to my phone, i says cant connect to mount, communication error.

I can connect to its wifi, but cant connect it with synscan app.

I have tried diffrent phones, same fault.

I have tried to reset the wifi dongle by leaving it on for one hour. 

And tried to reinstalling the app.

I cant get it to work.

Screenshot_20230114_171252_SynScan Pro.jpg

I might also be wrong but from the screen-grab your WiFi is already connected to the dongle...the ! symbol next to the WiFi symbol suggests it is anyway.

EDIT: where did you install the SynScan app from and which version is it? Some are known not to work with later versions of Android.

Edited by wulfrun

As it's returning an ip address like that would indicate a previous network connection.  You need to go into the settings and search for a wifi connection instead.  If it does not show your device in the find box then check the connection settings there are 2 options, one to auto connect on opening the app and the other whether to find devices.

2 hours ago, happy-kat said:

Sorry if I'm miss reading but just in case.

1- turn mount on with dongle attached

2- connect phone to the synscan wifi

3- start synscan pro and select connect

Yes exactly in that order

1 hour ago, wulfrun said:

I might also be wrong but from the screen-grab your WiFi is already connected to the dongle...the ! symbol next to the WiFi symbol suggests it is anyway.

EDIT: where did you install the SynScan app from and which version is it? Some are known not to work with later versions of Android.

Yeah, i found and connect to the synscan wifi, but when starting the app to connect it dosent work. 

I have android so i downloaded it from the playstore.

Okey, perhaps i should try a diffrent version of the app.

1 hour ago, StevieDvd said:

As it's returning an ip address like that would indicate a previous network connection.  You need to go into the settings and search for a wifi connection instead.  If it does not show your device in the find box then check the connection settings there are 2 options, one to auto connect on opening the app and the other whether to find devices.

Okey, the wifi dongel i new i box, i hade this problem from start.  I had a az-gti with the same app and that work perfect. 

Okey i should try that.

29 minutes ago, Hedlund said:

I have android so i downloaded it from the playstore.

Unless it's changed recently, that version may not work. Get it from the Skywatcher site. My version is Pro 1.19.15 but I think there's a newer one too, not updated mine because it works so I'll leave it alone.

I finally get it to work.

I downloaded a older version of the synscan app 1.19.16.

Now it connects perfect, but the location sensor dosent work, i have give the app permission to use gps location, but the app frezzing and crashing. But I can mannualy input the coordinates so its no problem.

Thanks to all for the help 🙂

• Like 1