Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is there an IAS show at Stoneleigh / Warwick this year?

fwm891

Thanks both.

I just don't like the Kensington show anymore. I used to go every year but it really is the wrong venue to be able to meaningfully look at kit or talk to the vendors about their wares.

From talking with Martin at the last IAS (which was very poorly attended) the costs that the Stonleigh park venue are putting up makes it difficult for them to go back there and I believe they are researching another venue..

• Sad 1

The trouble is that last year was not typical because it was the first after lockdown. Lower numbers might be down to people  having simply got out of the habit, or some not feeling safe.  I would hope numbers might be more like normal this year  - although economics/inflation might affect attendance negatively.

We’re quite well provided with good online suppliers of astro kit in the  UK, but you can’t beat actually looking at kit up close and talking to suppliers.  You also might see things you weren’t aware of.  I’m sure there are some sales on the day and I bet a lot of customers become better informed and make purchases later simply because they’ve been to a sales exhibition.