Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help - I lost screws; Infinity Meade 60mm

Akkusu_

At the risk of being in the wrong forum (I'm new to this page and to forums in general)

Hello, good morning/afternoon/evening, I have an Infinity Meade 60mm telescope, it is already a few years old and I have lost my screws (the ones that adjust the eyepieces with the diagonal mirror), does anyone know how I can buy them on the internet? any link to amazon or a specific name with which to search, thanks in advance.

The screw hole is approximately 3mm in diameter.

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-09 at 11.17.59.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-01-09 at 11.18.03.jpeg

The older Meade products were made in the US.

Just take the diagonal to a local hardware store or big box home improvement center and head for the fasteners aisle.  As Peter said above, look for cap head screws in M3 or M4 size and see if they thread cleanly into the empty hole.  Ask an associate for help if you're having trouble finding them as they may be in a specialty fasteners area.

3 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

Meade are owned by Synta and most likely don't make the telescope, just rebrand it.    🙂

Meade is owned by Optronic Technologies, Inc, a US company, owner of Orion in the US.

The scopes are imported, and 99.9% likely to have metric threads.

1 hour ago, Don Pensack said:

Meade is owned by Optronic Technologies, Inc, a US company, owner of Orion in the US.

The scopes are imported, and 99.9% likely to have metric threads.

That's interesting.  I wasn't sure as to who currently owned Meade so I did a search on the internet and it came up with "Meade and Celestron are both owned by Synta.  🙂

Meade was purchased by Ningbo Sunny in 2013.  Ningbo Sunny purportedly has close ownership ties with Synta, but this has never been proven.  After the anti-trust lawsuit between Orion and Ningbo Sunny was settled, Orion ended up with ownership of Meade.